Resolutions versus Evolutions
Did you resolve this year to lose weight, eat more healthily, exercise, change a habit, to “fix” something about yourself that you didn’t like?
How are your resolutions going? Are you telling yourself one of the following:
- It’s too hard?
- It’s okay to eat that piece of chocolate – it won’t matter?
- It takes too much time?
- I’m addicted!
- I’ve been this way all my life and I can’t change!
Then, do you feel guilty, beat yourself up, stop trying, and fall back into the same old habits of years gone by?
After a while, you decide that resolutions don’t work and you give up altogether. Am I right?
You are correct. Resolutions don’t work because the word ‘resolution’ sounds like a negative, a should, something you have to do. Even if your own internal ego/parent is giving the advice, you won’t listen, for the mere fact that you psychologically don’t want to be controlled.
- What if you let go of trying to force yourself to do these things?
- What if you wanted to evolve instead of resolve, would that make a difference in your mindset?
- Wouldn’t evolving force you to Be a better version of yourself?
The mere fact that you want to do the It in your life, instead of having to do It, you will do whatever that IT is. You will make the time! You will enjoy watching yourself change! You will slowly day by day evolve into an even better you.
For the rest of this year, how about changing your resolutions into evolutions? I bet you’ll be surprised at how much you can transform.
I see you evolving into the miraculous, perfect, imaginative, creative, joyful, unstoppable, unforgettable, and unbelievable person you are born to Be.